It was on 4/27(Wed.) that our department hosted this activity, and I was the organizer. (It was the reason that I didn’t go to my English class that day.) I’d planned to prepare ingredients and let the teachers and students in our department who would attend making Turkish cuisine together and play some games.
1. Mantı (Turkish dumpling)
2. Tavuk hamürü (Chiken roll)
3. Çikolata Kek(Chocolate cake)
4. Salata(Salad)
In my plan, we would have games related to making Turkish dumplings. (Find the most creative dumpling maker and the fastest one.) Making the dumplings needs so much time, so one of our Turkish teacher’s wife, a senior, and I should made a part of them first. However, the amount of the minced beef I’d prepared was much more than the dumpling skins and our teacher’s wife advised me to cook the surplus in another way, so we decided to stir fry it so that it could be made into beef roll. Furthermore, we cooked some rice in case.
At 6:30, all the attendees came and we were about to start our activity. It was not until then that I found we forget to reserve some beef for the other part of dumplings which students would have to do in the evening. Such an awkward situation… I explained it to everyone and apologized.
It was such a pity but we still had a good time and almost everyone was full when they left. Haha~ Cooking is really interesting for me!

No comments:
Post a Comment